A diverse and inclusive workforce has improved our work.
Diversity and inclusion provide different outlooks and ideas that are essential to the challenging work we do. Diverse world views, experiences, and perspectives change how we approach tough questions and how we bring new insight to existing problems.
Simply put, diversity helps us be stronger and more agile.
This framework is a guide for all employees at CSE. It sets our ambition as an organization that deliberately supports equity, diversity, and inclusion.
On this page
These groups are grassroots, employee efforts to bring together colleagues with similar concerns, issues, and interests. These groups include:
- Disabilities – supporting persons with disabilities
- EmbRACE – supporting employees from Indigenous and racialized communities
- The Pride Network – supporting equality based on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression
- Women in Cyber and Intelligence
Diversity is what makes CSE strong, so we make time to embrace our differences through annual employee-led commemorations honouring:
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Black History Month
- International Women’s Day
- International Transgender Day of Visibility
- National Autism Awareness Day
- Day of Pink
- Asian Heritage Month
- International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, Biphobia
- National Accessibility Week
- Pride Month
- National Indigenous History Month
- National Indigenous Peoples Day
- Canadian Multiculturalism Day
- International Day for Persons with Disabilities
Canada’s two official languages, English and French, are fundamental elements of our public service.
At CSE, we aim to create an inclusive culture that respects the language rights of our employees and of Canadian citizens.
Our managers demonstrate leadership by using both official languages.
All new employees and students are invited to information sessions which include an introduction to CSE’s Official Languages programs.
We offer staff ongoing opportunities to improve their second language skills through full-time, part-time and online training.
We also offer special second-language learning events, translation tools and mentorship opportunities that complement our formal training programs.
We continuously promote our Official Languages programs and engage employees in the languages of their choice on our internal communications channels.