The Vulnerability Research Centre (VRC) is part of CSE’s Research Directorate. Its focus is to advance Canada’s cyber security interests through world-class strategic vulnerability research.
To fulfill its purpose, the VRC:
- conducts security reviews against systems of importance to the Government of Canada
- researches computer security vulnerabilities through source code auditing, software reverse engineering and dynamic analysis
- provides advice and guidance on vulnerability prevention and mitigation
- researches and develops novel vulnerability research techniques and tradecraft
- collaborates with other Government of Canada departments, international partners and other CSE divisions to promote the exchange of expertise
- performs recruitment, training and mentorship to help develop the next generation of vulnerability research practitioners within Canada
The VRC offers a range of opportunities for full- and part-time employment and collaboration. The work performed by the VRC is highly technical and varied and draws upon a diverse set of disciplines and experiences. As part of an organization that values and nurtures talent, the VRC is committed to helping you fulfill your potential.
To apply, complete CSE's general application and select “Vulnerability Research Engineer” as the job type. If you have any questions or wish to provide additional information for your application, please email email@example.com.
PGP Key (ASC file, 3 KB)
PGP public key
To send us an encrypted email using our PGP public key, you will need a compatible email application or external PGP encryption tool.
Join our team and help keep Canadians safe
Read how we are held accountable to Canadians
Culture and community
Learn how we support our employees and our community