Certified Product: Symantec Altiris IT Management Suite 7.1 SP2
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, CA 94043-2202
Symantec Altiris IT Management Suite 7.1 SP2 (hereafter referred to as ITMS), from Symantec Corporation, was the subject of a Common Criteria evaluation performed by the Common Criteria Evaluation Facility at EWA-Canada Security Laboratory, Ottawa, Canada. The evaluation was completed in March 2013.
The evaluation of ITMS determined that this Information Technology (IT) product can be trusted, to Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2 augmented with ALC_FLR.2, to conform to the requirements of the associated security target.
ITMS is a collection of solutions that run on the Symantec Management Platform. The platform and solutions of ITMS provide the following key features:
- Central Web-based management console
- Role-and-scope-based security
- Zero-touch OS deployment and migration
- Integrated hardware and software inventory with Web-based reporting
- Policy-based software management
- Automated patch management
- Software license compliance and harvesting
- Centralized management of mixed hardware and OS environments
The scope of this evaluation is defined by the security target, which identifies assumptions made during the evaluation, the intended environment for the ITMS, the IT security requirements to be met, and the level of confidence (evaluation assurance level) to which it is asserted that the ITMS satisfies its IT security requirements.
Consumers are advised to carefully review the certification report to gain an understanding of the security functionality, the evaluated configuration, and the intended operating environment for ITMS.
- Date modified: