Compensation & Benefits Advisor / Junior Compensation Advisor
Compensation & Benefits Advisor / Junior Compensation and Benefits Advisor
All jobs are located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reference number: 47621-CSE(OC)2019
The Communications Security Establishment (CSE) relies on the expertise and knowledge of approximately 2800 employees to help the Government protect information of national interest through leading-edge information technology and to provide cyber security advice and services. It is also mandated to collect foreign signals intelligence as per the Government of Canada's intelligence priorities. Federal security and law enforcement agencies, in the performance of their own lawful duties, also benefit from its capabilities.
Communication Security Establishment is part of the Phoenix Direct Entry Organizations.
Working here means:
• An opportunity to collaborate with experts in computer science, engineering, and mathematics in addressing Canada’s most pressing security challenges
• Providing innovative solutions to complex communication-related problems
• Working in a highly dynamic technical environment
• Access to exceptional career development opportunities
• Flexible work hours and a casual work environment
• Competitive salary and benefits
Position type: Indeterminate positions, with a one (1) year probation period
Salary Range: Individuals are typically hired into entry level positions though exceptions can be made based on the level of experience and competency demonstrated during the selection process.
UNI-05: $60,428 to $71,092
UNI-06: $70,269 to $82,670
The salary is currently under review
Position Requirements for UNI-05 level:
Enrollment in, or completion of, an accredited payroll training program
- Experience providing client/customer service
- Experience in Human Resources/Finance
- Experience working with a payroll system
Position Requirements for UNI-06 level:
High School Diploma or a combination of education/training and experience related to the position.
- 2 or more years of operational experience providing advanced compensation benefits transactions and services within the federal public service to employees and/or managers/executives, including the provision of advice.
- Experience using a Human Resources system, such as PeopleSoft.
- Experience using the Regional Pay System.
- Knowledge of Pay and Benefits Administration
- Knowledge of Domain Tools and Technology
- Cognitive Thinking Skills
- Interactive Communication
- Working in a Team
- Achieving Results
- Integrity, Respect and Awareness
- Change and Innovation
Who Can Apply
Canadian citizens who can qualify for a Top Secret security clearance conforming to CSE’s standards.
- Candidates must have no criminal record.
- This process involves a security interview, a polygraph test, a psychological assessment, and a background investigation covering a minimum of your last 10 years history, including credit and financial verifications.
Overtime may be required.
CSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. CSE offers an assessment process which will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities. If you may need such accommodation, please advise us.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate in a cover letter how they meet the education and experience factors. Please note that it is not sufficient to simply state that the qualification is met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Failure to provide the above level of details may result in your application not receiving further consideration.
A written test will be used as a screening tool.
An interview and reference check will be done to candidates who are successful following the screening phase.
The entire selection process – tests, interviews, security investigation – may take more than one year.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.