233 - Cryptographic Key Management & Ordering Course
The Cryptographic Key Management & Ordering course is designed to provide participants with a focused working knowledge on the complexities of managing and ordering cryptographic key for different types of networks. The course offers learners a comprehensive overview and hands-on approach to all aspects of key management and ordering concepts, and the policies that govern them.
Participants will become familiar with all the types of cryptographic key available for use and the forms used to order them. Additionally, they will learn the specific roles that are associated with the types of keys that are available to order.
- Describe the concepts and policy instruments associated with cryptographic key types
- Describe the roles and responsibilities when ordering cryptographic key
- Identify the various types of equipment that use cryptographic key
- Identify the characteristics of cryptographic key
- Describe the requirements for ordering cryptographic key
- Identify and fill out cryptographic key ordering forms
- Government of Canada (GC) personnel assigned key ordering privileges
- Designated COMSEC Authorities
Recommended Pre-requisite Training
- 235 – COMSEC in the Government of Canada
- 410 – Cryptographic Security in the Government of Canada
- 230 – COMSEC Account Management Course for the Government of Canada
|Start Date||End Date||Event Language||Cost||Location||Type||Status|
|2018-09-14||2018-09-14||French||$500||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
|2018-06-29||2018-06-29||English||$500||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
|2018-05-18||2018-05-18||English||$500||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
|2018-03-23||2018-03-23||English||$500||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
For more information consult our IT Security Course Calendar.
The Cryptographic Key Management & Ordering Course is part of the COMSEC Management Certification Program (CMCP) which encompasses CSE course 235, 410, 230 and 205 (EKMS Accts) or 206 (DIAS Accts)