233 - Cryptographic Key Management & Ordering Course
Cryptographic key provides the basis for assuring that Government of Canada (GC) communications in network and non-network applications is secure. GC departments that employ cryptographic devices to secure their sensitive communications must know how to order the appropriate key for the appropriate network. This course provides participants with a focused working knowledge on the complexities of managing and ordering cryptographic key and delves into the concepts and processes associated with who can order key, how to interpret and use the correct forms for ordering the different types of key that are available for use on networks and the policies that govern the use and distribution of that key.
Participants will be introduced to, and become familiar with, all the various types of cryptographic key available for use and the forms used to order them. Additionally, they will learn about the cryptographic equipment that use the various types of key and the specific roles that are associated with the types of keys that are available to order.
- Describe the concepts and policy instruments associated with cryptographic key types.
- Describe key ordering roles and responsibilities.
- Identify the various types of equipment that use cryptographic key.
- Identify the characteristics of cryptographic key.
- Describe the requirements for ordering cryptographic key.
- Identify and perform key order requests and related forms.
Controlling Authority (ConAuth), Command Authority (CmdAuth), Product Requestors
Recommended Pre-requisite Training
- 235 – COMSEC in the Government of Canada
- 410 – Cryptographic Security in the Government of Canada
- 230 – COMSEC Account Management Course for the Government of Canada
|Start Date||End Date||Event Language||Cost||Location||Type||Status|
|2018-09-14||2018-09-14||French||$500||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
|2018-06-29||2018-06-29||English||$500||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
For more information consult our IT Security Course Calendar.
This is a mandatory course for GC personnel registering for the COMSEC Management Certification Program (CMCP)