385 - Cross Domain Solutions: A Primer
This introductory course provides participants with the overall concepts of cross domain solutions (CDS) for the Government of Canada (GC). Training is based on the principles and practices detailed in the Information Technology Security Bulletin, ITSB-120: Cross Domain Security Primer. This course focuses on the business requirements, security considerations and processes when there is a need to share information across diff erent security domains. This includes the threats to implementing these processes and a description of the CDS components, software and hardware which mitigate these threats. Following the course, participants will be familiar with CDS business requirements, threats to information sharing, mitigations to threats using CDS guards and components and a basic understanding of CDS architectures.
This course will provide you with a high-level appreciation of the key concepts and processes of cross domain solutions. It will help you to plan and understand the business requirements for cross domains solutions when the need arises for information sharing between security domains.
- Understand the business requirements for a CDS
- Be aware of the threats (network, data etc.)
- Know the basic security components and mitigations of a CDS; and
- Be able to ask the right questions before initiating a CDS deployment
Project/Program Managers, IT Security Designers, Architects, Engineers and Managers.
Recommended Prior Learning:
- Knowledge of general information technology security within the GC is beneficial.
- Read and familiarize yourself with the ITSB-120: Cross Domain Security Primer.
|Start Date||End Date||Event Language||Cost||Location||Type||Status|
|2018-09-18||2018-09-18||English||$300||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
|2018-04-18||2018-04-18||English||$300||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
For more information consult our IT Security Course Calendar.