229 - COMSEC Account Management for private sector companies
The COMSEC Account Management Course for Private Sector Companies is designed to provide learners with a comprehensive awareness and knowledge of the duties of a COMSEC Sub-Account Custodian or Local Element Manager. Participants will be introduced to the various duties required of these appointments as well as the policies and safeguards that apply to Accountable COMSEC Material (ACM). This training will assist in developing the required skills and knowledge needed to perform the critical activities required of COMSEC Sub-Account Custodians and Local Element Managers when handling ACM.
Some of the topics participants will be introduced to, include managing ACM throughout its lifecycle, completing reports concerning material and personnel and managing the reception and distribution of ACM.
- Recognize the unique aspects of the COMSEC environment and hierarchy.
- Interpret COMSEC terminology, guidelines and procedures.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities for appointed personnel.
- Manage COMSEC material accounting, control and use procedures.
- Identify types of COMSEC Incidents and how they’re reported.
- Recognize the importance of auditing COMSEC material and accounts.
- Identify the requirements of In-Process accounting.
- Personnel assigned COMSEC Sub-Account/Local Element Manager duties from a Private Sector Company under contract by a GC Sponsor
- Designated COMSEC Authorities (e.g. DCA/ECA/CSO)
- Course 235 – COMSEC in the Government of Canada
- Course 410 – Cryptographic Security in the Government of Canada
|Start Date||End Date||Event Language||Cost||Location||Type||Status|
|2018-09-12||2018-09-13||English||$800||1929 Ogilvie Road||Classroom||Open|
For more information consult our IT Security Course Calendar.
- Participants must successfully pass a final exam
- The CAMC for PSC course is part of the COMSEC Management Certification Program (CMCP) which encompasses CSE courses 235, 410, 229 and 206 (DIAS Accts)