If you are a Canadian citizen, and are interested in a career at CSEC, find out what career field is best suited for your skills, knowledge and qualifications. You can then look into the latest job postings for a position that matches your interests. Be sure to check often as job postings are added on a regular basis, depending on our needs.
We also have several opportunities for co-op students.
Remember that the hiring process can be lengthy because of the security clearance process. Although the security clearance process is a long and sometimes intrusive process, it is necessary in order to determine the suitability of people considered for employment in a Top Secret organization such as CSEC and to protect national security and Canada's interests.
What you should know before applying
- You must be a Canadian citizen.
- You must be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance to CSEC standards.
- You must apply online.
- Have the following information on hand when applying:
- employment experience;
- names and contact information of previous employers and supervisors;
- dates of employment;
- salary information;
- degrees and diplomas, the name(s) of the institutions(s) and date attended;
- job reference number of the position for which you are applying; and
- your language proficiency.
- If you went to school outside of Canada, you must include proof of Canadian equivalency for your diplomas and/or certificates. For more information on obtaining equivalencies, visit the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
- All jobs are located in Ottawa.
- CSEC practices employment equity. Applicants have the option to indicate whether they are a member of a designated employment equity group if they wish. Employment equity groups are women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minority groups.
- It is your responsibility to inform CSEC in a timely fashion of any accommodation you require to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received, relating to accommodations measures, will be addressed confidentially.
Submitting your résumé
You must submit your résumé electronically. Your résumé should be brief, but needs to include all relevant requirements, such as education and experience.
Your résumé must be in "plain text"; rich text format files, including Word documents, will not transfer into the system. Your résumé is being evaluated for content, not format.