The Communications Security Establishment Canada (CSEC) offers unique opportunities for co-op students to advance their skills while making a real difference in safeguarding Canada's security.
The Top Secret work environment is challenging and could be demanding, but well worth it! More than 30 percent of the co-op students who worked at CSEC are later hired as employees. Read how some co-op students describe their work experience at CSEC.
What you should know
- Getting hired for a Top Secret organization is a lengthy process and requires candidates to go through a comprehensive security clearance process to CSEC standards.
- Please note that applications must be received up to eight months prior to the start of the work term – pay careful attention to the submission deadlines.
- You must apply online.
- You must be a Canadian citizen.
- You must be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance.
- You must be registered as a full-time student at your college or university.
- You will be required to send a copy of your transcript(s) through your school when applying for a placement at CSEC.
- All jobs are located in Ottawa. Relocation assistance will be provided to students studying at an institution outside of the National Capital Region.
- CSEC is committed to employment equity. Applicants have the option of indicating whether they are a member of a designated employment equity group. Employment equity groups are women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minority groups.
Résumé and cover letter
Please attach a page at the end of your résumé enumerating the courses you have taken and the grades you have received, including grades that may still be unofficial.
On the cover letter, indicate which positions are of interest to you and what makes you a possible candidate for that position.
Include two professional references with contact information at the bottom of your cover letter.
Student salaries are set by CSEC and based on students' academic level (college, undergraduate, post-graduate) and previous work terms. Weekly salaries range from $508 to $772.